Controls & Automation Project Engineer
This role will see you technically leading a number of projects and mentoring Engineers to ensure Peak Technology Solutions continue to deliver the high calibre of service and delivery they are known for.
Peak Technology Solutions, part of the Edwin James Group, is a leading System Integrator deploying Industrial Control and Automation Solutions in the Food & Beverage, Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Utilities sectors.
Peak Technology Solutions employ over 60 Control Systems Engineers and has offices in Warrington, Reading, Newcastle, Burton-upon-Trent & Chesterfield.
Peak Technology Solutions has been growing at double digit rate year on year and has established a first-class portfolio of customers. This has materialised into sustainable business areas through repeat business and/or formal framework agreement spanning over several years.
The business has reached a stage where structural changes are being implemented to continue progressing towards strategic company development goals.
One of the enablers is to attract a small team of senior automation professionals looking to focus on the delivery of highly technical Controls and Automation projects.
Ideally, you will identify with one of the following:
- You work for a traditional Systems Integrator and feel underutilised or pigeonholed into a role
- You want to take more responsibility and accountability for project management or account management while remaining technical
- You work for a business that does not recognise or understand what you do technically and the complex challenges of an Automation Project
- You want to expand your area of expertise around IT/OT alongside Control Systems
- You want to work for a business that recognises the challenges of real life such as family commitments and offers the flexibility you need
- The opportunity for further progression (promotion, further training, higher education) doesn’t exist within your current company
The environment Peak operate and promote is unique within the automation community:
- Roles are tailored around the skillsets and career objectives of the individuals
- Opportunities for the right people to operate very autonomously within given accounts (including technical authority, commercial management)
- Consultancy opportunities
- No cumbersome management and internal policies, everyone in the business is a professional engineer
- Modern working environment, recognising individual needs
Peak Technology Solutions’ customers range from exciting small R&D product development companies to UK’s leading blue-chip companies and process contractors. We are very active in the Utilities, Water, Food, Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing and Chemical sectors.
Our customers include PepsiCo, Thames Water, Kellogg’s, Pfizer.
The people that suit the environment at Peak Technology Solutions are high calibre self-starters, Control and Automation professionals. This isn’t for everyone and if you prefer focusing on one small element of a project for a large team or organisation, we’re probably not for you.
The project solutions are typically based on Rockwell, Siemens, Wonderware, Schneider and IT/OT technologies focused on Data handling and networking.
Our roles require an understanding of the project lifecycle from concept through to completion with some expertise in the following:
- Front End consultancy using your Automation Expertise
- Control Engineering: Design, configuration of PLCs, SCADA, HMI, Testing and commissioning.
- IT/OT Technologies: Industrial Networking, Database Design, MES and Reporting
- Project Management and Technical Leadership